Re: Problem and Traceouts of assembler on Ia64

MUTHUKUMAR KANDASAMY wrote:
Suddenly my assembler is not working.May be becasue of ,I have upgraded the linker binutils-2.14.90.0.6.tar.bz2.

You need to give much better bug reports if we are to help you. You need to report everything you did that is necessary for someone else to reproduce the problem.

Here is my guess...
You have an RHL 7.2 ia64 system. You installed gcc-3.2 with --prefix=/usr/local. Now it fails with an assembler error building some unknown program. All of this is info you failed to give us. Also, you didn't give us the assembler version info.

The problem here is apparently that you are using an old assembler with a new gcc which won't work. Install a new binutils using the same prefix that you used when installing gcc-3.2, and gcc-3.2 will find and use the new assembler, and the old native gcc will continue to use the old binutils in /usr/bin.

Your comment about installing a new linker makes no sense, since you should either install all of binutils or none of it. If you did install it, then gcc-3.2 should work, unless you installed it wrong. But I don't know how you installed it because you didn't give us that info.

Your error messages mean nothing to me since you didn't tell us what program you are trying to compile.