Re: Procedure entry not found in cygwin1.dll

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf-rcm@cygwin.com>
<binutils@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 3:14 AM
Subject: Re: Procedure entry not found in cygwin1.dll

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 03:00:03AM +0200, Harald Houppermans wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I compiled binutils 2.14 with the latest cygwin.
> >
> >ld-new.exe seems to be working ok.
> >
> >as-new.exe reports this error message when I start it:
> >
> >'The procedure entry point asprintf could not be located in the dynamic
link
> >library cygwin1.dll"
> >
> >At one point during the build of binutils my firewall was shutdown.
> >
> >So I am not sure if it is because my build went a little bit wrong or
that
> >it is a problem with cygwin1.dll
> >
> >It's probably a problem with cygwin1.dll
>
> You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your system.  The older version
> of cygwin1.dll doesn't include asprintf.

Indeed, my system contains multiple cygwin1.dll's

It seems free pascal also has cygwin1.dll and it's also in my path variable.

When I look back at my journey :) I can only come to one conclusion and that
is that having all these different compilers/tools etc in my path has caused
nothing but trouble.

So I am going to do something about it ! :)

Now more big path's... but I am going to make batch's to set each
environment.

I normally don't use make and command line tools anyway... not even for
delphi.. which is my main tool :)

So having different batch files to set the path's shouldn't hurt :) no next
time things will hopefully go more something

Having 5 or 6 different make.exe's all in the same path is insane ! :D

Thx dude.