Re: arm-pe: Multiple inheritance problem w/C++

Hi Craig,

> This brings up the larger question - what can we (that is us, at
> this end..) to to help facilitate getting arm-wince-pe binutils
> fully operational?  It is clear that the maintainers have little
> interest in Wince.  I can't say I blame them.  But we are interested
> (and have to be!!), and maybe we could help out somehow and get
> these kinds of problems found and fixed...

In which case would you be willing to volunteer to become a maintainer
for the arm  port in binutils ?  Or maybe just the arm-wince port ?
Of course this would mean signing an FSF copyright assignment and
subscribing to the mailing list.

> We would be willing to run the testsuite.  But on wince, we are
> unsure how you would even do it.  Is there a way that we could set
> up the testsuite so that the tests could be run under the
> arm-wince-pe simulator?

If you are talking about the simulator from the sim/ directory, then I
do not believe that it supports loading dlls, so testing non-trivial
arm-wince binaries would not be possible.

If you do have access to a simulator or remote machine that can run
arm-wince binaries then it is quite possible to set up the dejagnu
framework to talk to this simulator/board.  Have a look at
dejagnu/baseboards/sh-hms.exp for example.

> Can we submit patches somewhere that someone will pay attention to?

Certainly.  You can submit them to this mailing list.  We will always
try to look at and respond to your patches.  Sometimes we can be a bit
slow or forgetful, but a gentle reminder usually works.