Re: [rfa] FRV input files

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 01:50:13PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>Thank you.  That's all I wanted you to do.  Binutils _already uses
>files generated from frv CGEN input_.  You can go look at it yourself,
>in opcodes/.  So if you're going to contribute a different version of
>the file

I don't like the implication here.

If I were to contribute a version of a file that contains code changes that impact on other parts of FSF's binutils, I would indicate that up front.

Similarly, if I were to apply a license that in anyway varied from the GPL, I'll also indicate that up front.

However, since that was obviously the concern - and a reasonable one,

Which? The contents, or the license? No one, other than you, expressed concern over the contents of the file. Doug even posted a diff.

since you never phrased your patch in such a way as to say the copies
were the same - then it behooves you to say that there are no changes.

So you think I would engage in unhanded activity such as silently and intentionally modifying a file so that the FSF couldn't rebuild it's sources? Bizare.

Your message said nothing about acknowledging the copy of the code
already in src.  In fact, I remember you saying it actually came from
an internal tree.  The reason for my concern should be obvious.

I posted that bit of trivia (only moments ago) because it highlights the sillyness of this entire part of the thread. Should I also mention which internal repository I got the file from (never know, there might be more than one ... :-)? If you were really so worried about me doing something underhanded, why didn't you yourself take the 30 seconds needed to do a diff (might want to do that anyway, never know .... ;-)?

The only important thing here is that this file is [finally] being contributed to the FSF, and that one tiny bit of the mess that Jim Wilson refered to is been resolved. Beer!!

Andrew