Re: i386-netware-ld target for Netware NLM files with C++ support

Ian Lance Taylor schrieb:

Hello Ian,

thanks a lot.

Or you could work up a gcc patch.  Do you plan to invoke collect?  I
would guess not as I'm not sure how it could work.  So you could
define a new gcc configuration which simply defined LINKER_NAME.  Or
if you don't want a gcc patch you could write a simple sed/awk script
to edit the gcc specs file to change the `linker' spec.  But I'm not
sure when you would invoke that script.

Setting LINKER_NAME did exactly what I wanted. UNtil now it called collect2 and I thought it would neet collect2, but static constructors also work without collect2, obviously collect2 is not needed with a GNU ld linker.

But why is my debian linux box also calling collect2 when linking native ELF programs, then?

Bernd

:-)

-- Herd Software Entwicklung Bernd Herd Kettelerstr. 35 68642 Bürstadt Germany Tel.: +49-6206-707775, Fax.: +49-6206-707776 http://www.herdsoft.com