Re: [rfa] FRV input files

[note: I added cgen@sources.redhat.com back to the cc list.]

Andrew Cagney writes:
 > Doug, see
 > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-09/msg00689.html

Righto (and my thanks to the powers that be for letting it be src/cpu!),
but I don't see how this clears up my confusion.
Why did you submit a patch for frv.cpu,et.al. to binutils?
[I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have.  I'm just asking why.]
frv.cpu already exists in src/cgen/cpu (as do other files of course).
What needs to happen is for most/all of the files in src/cgen/cpu to move
to src/cpu. [No?]

There's also the issue of copyright.
One might take it as a given, but for my own education:
When the files in src/cgen/cpu/* get moved to src/cpu will
Redhat assign copyright over to the FSF?
I see that src/cgen/cpu/frv.cpu has copyright Redhat
and the patch you've submitted to binutils has copyright FSF.
I think it's not strictly necessary, but I'd still like to
know where people stand on the issue.  Is that Redhat's plan of record?
[i.e. assign copyright of *.cpu,*.opc,simplify.inc over to the FSF]
What about cgen itself?

There's also the issue of the kind of copyright attached to these files
(which I think needs to be unambiguous).
Cgen files use the cgen copyright (aka autoconf copyright).
Yet the copyright notice at the top of the frv.cpu file you've
submitted is pure GPL.  Which is it?

I'd also like to repeat my earlier question which didn't get answered.
Is the plan to move src/cgen/cpu/* to src/cpu
in a piecemeal fashion or all at once?

And for completeness' sake I guess:
If en-masse, has anyone taken on the task of doing the en-masse move?
[and what's the schedule?]
I'm certainly willing to take on the task of doing the physical move,
but obviously I have no say in copyright issues (other than expressing
an opinion).