Re: PATCH: Fix .lsb/.msb

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 17:01, H. J. Lu wrote:
> Here is the patch. It depends on
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-04/msg00644.html

I'll wait a bit on that in case someone else wants to comment on it.  I
think it is a little presumptuous for me to approve patches to parts of
binutils that I don't maintain.  It does seem reasonable though.

> 	* config/tc-ia64.c (ia64_number_to_chars): New function pointer.
> 	(ia64_float_to_chars): Likewise.

You didn't actually say what was wrong with the .msb/.lsb directives.
>From reading the patch, I see that there was a relatively obvious
problem with md_number_to_chars.  Also, there was a less obvious problem
in that endianness is supposed to be a section specific attribute as per
the Intel spec.  Your patch fixes both of these problems.

The patch is OK.

Jim