Re: How to emit .gptab section?

Hi Bharathi,

> I would like to use the information from .gptab section to able to
> set the -G <num> appropriately.  However I am not able to emit the
> .gptab section in my image.

You should specify which version of binutils you are using.  This
might have been a bug in an old version which is now fixed.

You should also specify how you configured gcc and binutils and what
command line you are using to build your binaries.  Possibly the
problem is with how the tools were built or invoked.

> I compiled my soures with -g2 and -G4 with gcc version 2.95.3 and
> have not been able to see the .gptab section in the output image.

> Is there any special option that needs to be turned on or anything to
> be done in the ld script?

The .gptab seems to only be supported in the big-endian targeted
versions of the mips linker.  Compare ld/emulparams/elf32bmip.sh with
ld/emulparams/elf32lmip.sh for a demonstration of this.

So, either build binaries for a big endian mips, or copy the
OTHER_SECTIONS definition from elf32bmip.sh to elf32lmip.sh and rebuild
the linker.