Re: [BUG] ld segfault in binutils-2.13.90.0.20 when compiling

Eric Christopher wrote:
On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 16:18, H. J. Lu wrote:

I am afraid I don't have the time for mips now. Does any mips people on
the binutils mailing see this?

I've not gotten any other reports. I know aoliva and rsandifo have done
mips-linux bootstraps reasonably recently.

Nicholas: Have you tried using mainline binutils?

I'll give it a shot, although it may take a while to compile glibc given the fact that I want to do it natively [to keep the external variables at a minimum] and my machine is only a R4000SC/100 w/ 32MB :-(. I'll report my results then. It is pertinent to note that other then compiling glibc, I have not seen this problem arise. Also, IIRC, Alexandre said he was working off of a binutils branch for his mips64 port, so I don't know if he's tried compiling glibc with binutils mainline HEAD.

Cheers,
Nicholas