Re: [RFC] windres' -I option

Hi Dimitrie,

> OK, here is the patch again, with updated docs. It implements the
> behaviour as described in my email, which I hope we all agree it's
> OK.

As Chris hinted this patch is sufficiently complex that we will need
an FSF copyright assignment to be completed before we can accept it.
My records show that you have an assignment for Translations but not
for binutils.  Is this correct ?  If so, please could you complete the
form below and send it off.

> Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with your testing framework,
> so I would appreciate some help in that area.

Have a look at the contents of the directory:

  binutils/testsuite/binutils-all/windres

The basic idea is to have a source file that is compiled by windres
and then compared against an equivalent binary file compiled by MSVC.
All of this is driven by the commands in the windres.exp script in
that directory.

What I am suggesting is that you create a couple of new files, one of
which is compiled using the old meaning of -I and another using the
new meaning.  (Obviously you will need an include file as well for the
new meaning).  Then the testsuite will be able to check that both the
new and old functionality works and that it continues to work in the
future.

request-assign.future:

Please email the following information to fsf-records at gnu dot org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
Please use your full name as the subject line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your snail address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]