Re: patch reversion and new install

On Mar 12, 2003, Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com> wrote:

> If you don't mind could you please revert Thiemo's patch and replace
> it with yours for the branch to global issues?

Done.  I hope Thiemo's patch can eventually be fixed such that we can
get branches to external symbols again, but meanwhile, I also feel
it's better to have something that works.  H.J., this should get you
around the problem you just reported as well.  Thiemo, you may want to
integrate H.J.'s patch into yours, even though it won't fix all of the
problems, and I'm not even entirely sure it's a complete fix.  It just
takes care of the most obvious failure scenario.  I'm sure there are
more for the border conditions for which the in-place addend is
tweaked.

Red Hat GCC Developer                 aoliva at {redhat dot com, gcc.gnu.org}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva at {lsd dot ic dot unicamp dot br, gnu.org}