Re: gcc configure with arm-wince-pe

hi:

we have built a complete arm-wince-pe toolchain (binutils-2.13.90,
gcc-3.2,newlib-1.11.0) hosted on x86linux.  arm-wince-pe is not quite a
supported configuration - we found that for the most part this port had
"been done" but had some serious problems.  Getting them all fixed has
been difficult for us but we are pretty much there.

We have tarballs available for you.  I have a gcc/binutils/newlib
tarball for RedHat 7.1+ that installs into /usr/local/wince and "just
works".  You might find this of some use for debugging your
configuration.  I could also send you the patched source tarballs if you
desire.

We do not yet have our arm-wince-pe stuff available via http but we will
soon.  In the meantime, I can email you these things, or upload them to
an ftp server of your choice.  Let me know what you need.

regards,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated

hello:
    I am trying to build mingw32 3.2 with configuration
--target=arm-wince-pe. I had built it with --target=arm-pe, but i think
something goes wrong with file format it generated. With
arm-pe-objdump.exe -d(or -S), i couldn't dump disassemble code for
object file, but i COULD do it for arm exe files. Meanwhile dumpbin.exe(
tool provided by wince SDK) could not disassemble gcc ARM exe file,
either.

    Then I want to see if I could get more compatibility when target is
arm-wince-pe. I had built binutils then gcc, but something unexpected
happened after some warnings:
    ../../gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm:452: Error: cannot represent
BFD_RELOC_THUMB_PCREL_BRANCH23 relocation in this object file format

    I search this error info in google and some one said:
[ref]
It means that gcc hasn't been ported to wince for the ARM (indeed it may

not have been ported to wince for anything).  The ARM-pe port was done
for
a different project and will almost certainly not work with wince as is.

Patches would of course be welcome...
[end of ref]

So my questions are:
1 . How much difference between gcc ARM/PE and wince PE binary file
format?
2. Is it true that "gcc hasn't been ported to wince for the ARM "?

My environment is win2k, MinGW-2.0.0-3.exe,MSYS1.08,source packages
:binutils-2.13-20020903-1-src.tar.gz,gcc-3.2-20020817-1.src.tar.gz,newli
b-1.10.0.tar.gz

Best regard
wreckor