need MIPS expert help

Hello all,

I need help in clarification of what an NEC MIPS vr5432 should be
defined as.  I had thought that it was a MIPS32 compliant part, but
binutils/gcc think that it can support a few instructions that it cannot
(as MIPS32):

mul	d,v,t
madd	s,t

I am thinking these are supported in MIPS32R2, not MIPS32 ISA.  These
might not be the only instructions that are giving me problems, but so
far are the two that I've encountered.

Is there a MIPS expert out there who can clarify this?  GCC uses a
definition ISA_HAS_MADD_MSUB that includes both MIPS32 and MIPS32R2 and
mips-opc.c defines both instructions above as part of I32, not I33.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean