R_EMB_PPC_SDA21 (powerpc reloc) question

Hi.

I have an application who uses libbfd to relocate an object file:

bfd_canonicalize_reloc()
bfd_perform_relocation()

If the object file contains R_EMB_PPC_SDA21 or other, similar
relocs, who require a machine instruction modification in addition
to the actual relocation, libbfd fails to perform this modification.

Is this a bug or a feature? IMO, 'bfd_perform_relocation()' should
modify the insn to use R13 or R2 if the reloc's symbol resides
in sdata/sbss or sdata2/sbss2, respectively (like the elf linker
backend does it).

Please CC me on any answer, I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks

-- Till