Re: (toplevel) Fix dramatic breakage for ordinary crosses (relatedto program_transform_name)

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Dec 28, 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> wrote:

It's a question of whether you can do the locking without making people
throw up, I think.

I'm confident I can, but...  On second thought, it occurs to me that
all locking would accomplish is let one make in a make -j pool run one
configure script while other makes block on the lock.  Not good...
I dunno, sounds fine to me if it lets the subsequent real build
go in parallel.

--
Dan Kegel
Linux User #78045