RE: PATCH: allow PE executables to have an export table

> I certainly did this in my previous job using non-gnu tools.  I had a
> dll/exe combination that relied on variables in the executable being
> accessible to the dll.
>
> I'm not sure why the question is important however.  Even if everyone on
> this mailing list says "No, never done it", it doesn't matter.  The
> functionality should be there because it is supposed to be there.
> There's no reason to limit ld because no one can think of a reason to
> use the feature.
I have spend some time to learn how the windows run time loader works and I
couldn't imagine that the run time loader is able to link a dll to an
executable. When this is technically possible, it should be added of course.
Now someobdy told me, that this is technically possible and my questions and
objectivities are answered. :-)

Ralf