Re: Setting target when building binutils?

Hi James,

> >If was created by non-GNU tools, then possibly it is an
> >incompatibility between those tools and the GNU tools.
>
> That's what I fear. Since the C54x is supported however, isn't it
> possible to use the GNU tools to create an out-file to C54x?

Err yes - this is what the toolchain that you have built will do.
Both the output of the GCC/Binutils toolchain that you have built and
the output of the CCS compiler that you are using will run on the
C54x.  The problem is that the two compiler toolchains are using
different output formats.

> Do you know how to use Binutils to spot which target an object-file
> is for?

Yes.  Try using the "objdump -p" command.  If objdump can recognise
the file format it will tell you.  If not it will issue a wanring
message.