Re: I believe the current binutils is broken

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 03:41:30PM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I have many extra gcc 3.3 (cvs) libjava test failures on Linux/x86
> with the current binutils. It looks like java exception doesn't work
> anymore. After reverting back to 20021012, everyting is fine. I don't
> know exactly which changes are the causes. But your eh frame change
> looks very suspicious. Could you please take a look?

Most of the elf-eh-frame.c code relies on info->relocateable being false,
for ET_RET I really think it would be way better to just mark the FDEs for
removal during final link. Flag of FDE to be removed could be
e.g. changing the FDE into CIE (my preference - it will be wiped out as
unreferenced CIE and even if not removed will never be put
into any FDE tables) or by setting FDE address range to 0 and special casing
this as removed FDE (FDEs with address range 0 don't apply
to any instructions at all, so aren't containing any useful information).
The former is harder at ld -r time, since it needs changing of relocations
against that FDE into R_*_NONE.

	Jakub