GOT Section Indexes

Hi

I am working on Sun Sparc Linker. I have created the
GOT Table and i am using the index from 0. I am not
using negative indexes for GOT.

When i run the executable(compiled with -Kpic(GOT13
relocations)) having my custom .got section having
more than 1024 got entries, i get segmentation fault
after 1024.

Is this problem related to the got indexes that can be
negative?

All i see from the linkers and libraries guide is this
one statement, that sounds ambigous and without any
detail.

""The symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ can reside in the
middle of the .got section,
allowing both negative and nonnegative subscripts into
the array of addresses""

let me know where am going wrong.

Thanks
Dorai