Re: bfd/elf64-sh64.c patch for partial string section merging support

On 23 Oct 2002, Jim Wilson wrote:

> The sh64-elf port does not support string section merging.  This showed up as
> a large number of gdb failures with -m5-64media on a toolchain here, because
> gdb found out-of-range DW_FORM_strp references in the DWARF2 debug info in
> almost every binary.

> I plan to check in the patch in a few days unless one of the sh maintainers
> wants to comment on it.

I'm not an SH maintainer (anymore) but I can make the general
comment that if possible, there should be a binutils-local
test-case, maybe sh64-local (if so, preferrably using
ld-sh/sh64/rd-sh64.exp) so this won't trivially break again.

brgds, H-P