A instrustion question about ARM

Hi,
I use a ARM v7t chip and write assemble code under arm-elf-gcc.
I used a instruction like this:
    .data
label1:   .word       0x00
..

    .text
..
    ldr r0,label1

when I compiled the source codes, a error was printed out: Error: Internal_relocation (type 197) not fixed up (OFFSET_IMM)

Then, I made a little change, I declared the label1 in .text section.
    .text
label1:    .word      0x00
..
    ldr r0,label1

This time passed.

I also compiled both these two pieces of codes under SDT, and there is no problem.
So can someone tell me how I can use the instrustion like that?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

        Martin Bian
        martin@utstar.com