Re: mips elf n32 and 64 linker emulparams refactoring

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 05:04:11PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2002, Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>
> > Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> >> It won't.  Typically, the compiler overrides these anyway.
>
> > Oh, ok, so this is a missing feature in GLD in general.
>
> It could be argued so.  From some earlier discussions about the
> --with-sysroot patch for GCC, I got the impression that Daniel
> Jacobowitz might have something for ld that would get ld smarter in
> this sense.  Dan, is this true?

Yes, but not _much_ smarter.  I mean to clean this up and do something
as nice as --with-sysroot (and preferably call it the same thing) in
the next week or two.  What I have now knows quite well that it's a
hack: paths which start with // instead of / get a prefix appended, set
at configure time and relocating with the ld binary.  Similarly to find
the linker scripts.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz