Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils

 In message <200208131836.g7DIaGFc028170@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>, "John David
Anglin" writes:
 >That would be nice.  Looking at config.guess, I think it needs to do
 >a further check when HP_ARCH is found to be hppa2.0w using SC_CPU_VERSION
 >and SC_KERNEL_BITS.
Those would certainly be good sanity checks as they'll tell us if the
build machine is capable of running 64bit binaries.

 >Introducing the hppa64 arch wasn't a particularly great idea, but I don't
 >see any simple way around it.
Well, it beats having folks get PA64 tools by accident on machines which
support 64bit binaries; the vast majority of developers don't need or want
PA64 tools.

For those select few that do care about large address spaces, it's a
relatively small amount of work to either ask for them explicitly by
the target name or by setting CC to an appropriate PA64 compiler before
running configure.

jeff