Re: FW: gprof license

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:34:04PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Federico,
>
> > Within the gprof directory, there are several files that contains
> > a BSD license but doesn't mention anything about modifications.
> > The files are the following: alpha.c, cg_arcs.c, cg_dfn.c, gprof.c,
> > hertz.c, i386.c, mips.c, tahoe.c, utils.c and sparc.c.
> > Can the license be changed/updated to include modifications and to
> > whom I should talk about it?
>
> You should talk to me.
>
> I think that it would be reasonable to add the GNU copyright header to
> these files, with the proviso that the header is modified to say that
> the BSD license still applies as well.  ie something like:

  I think this doesn't do it. What needs to be done it's to update the BSD
license to a later one, that includes modification.
  Re-copyrighting the files doesn't remove the non-modification clause from
BSD.
  Basically that means something like the one available at
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php, where 'with or
without modifications is implicity stated'.
  Thanks,

  f.-