BFD + ARC

Hi all,

I am new to binutils/ bfd so please pardon my ignorance.

I had to write a small linker/ loader for supporting the position
independent data for the ARC cores, the fully resolved/ relocatable
ELF file is produced by High C/C++ toolset from Precise.

After going through the BFD documentation, initially it seemed
promising to me to solve my problem but after a small implementation
it looks like there is not enough support for ARC.

The BFD library is unable to recognize the architecture (used
bfd_printable_name), where as using command file on the ARC ELF gives
"ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Argonaut RISC Core, Argonaut Technologies
Inc., version 1, not stripped". I am using target type as
"elf32-little".

Can anyone guide me if its good idea to use BFD for this purpose and
if there is sufficient support for ARC in BFD and any guidance on the
above problem. All pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
raj