tic30 and tic4x targets

Hello all,

I am working on a patch that originates from Michael Hayes. It enables tic4x (alias to c4x) support. The patch works against the official binutils-2.12 release. The core of the patch itself is old and has existed as long as I can remember, but no or little effort has been made to include it into the official branch.

Is there anyone working on or assigned to a tic4x port for the binutils? What is the "requirements" for getting a patch into the official tree? How to proceed the matter?

What is the story on the tic30 target? Is it still alive? I cant seem to see any activity on it.

Regards,
Svein