Question about adding ld emulations

Hello,

I'd like to add a few new ld emulations in the AVR target, to support
new chips recently released by Atmel.  But, adding new ld emulations
requires that a few files must be regenerated, and I don't seem to have
the right versions of autoconf/automake/libtool/... so it either fails,
or generates files that differ in places where I didn't change anything.
Could someone tell me, what is the secret combination (correct versions
of all the tools)?  I'm using the versions shipped with Debian unstable,
so they are not very old...

Also, I'd like to ask for CVS write access as the second maintainer of
the AVR port of binutils.  I already have such access for GCC.

Thanks,
Marek