Re: reducing reloc syms to section syms

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 11:12:17PM -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> > Is there any benefit in reducing just some relocs using a given symbol
> > to the section symbol, and not others?
>
> (That is: I want the option to reduce relocation
> strength as much as possible [symbol==>section==>done] on a symbol-by-
> symbol basis.)

That will still be possible.  All my patch does is make the relocs
for a given symbol in an object file consistent;  They will all
either reference the symbol, or reference the section symbol.
Currently we have the curious situation that some relocs are
reduced to the section symbol while others are not, for no good
reason.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre