Re: i386-pc-nto-qnx patch

"Graeme Peterson" <gp@qnx.com> writes:
> Here is a patch for i386-pc-nto-qnx for inclusion in
> GNU binutils.  Thanks to all for your help.

> Thanks.
> Looking forward to any feedback.

You'll need ChangeLog entries for all these changes.

Aside from the BFD changes, these changes are similar to the binutils
port I recently submitted.  However, I think linker configuration is
superior in my port.  Mine has emulparms/elf_i386_qnx.sh inheriting
from elf_i386.sh and elf_qnx.sh, eliminating duplicate definitions and
setting things up so that definitions common to all QNX ports can live
in one place.

Since then, I've split it into elf_qnx60.sh and elf_qnx61.sh, as the
ELF interpreter is different in 6.0 and 6.1.  I think it's marginally
better to set the interpreter in the linker, since that allows the
same gcc config to target both versions of the OS.  At least this is
true with my gcc port.

The config triple is i[3456]86-*-nto-qnx* in bfd, and i[3456]86-*-nto*
in gas and ld.  These should probably be consistant.  I'd recommend the
latter, especially if/when we have to distinguish between versions as
the master config.guess will return a pattern like i386-pc-nto-qnx6.10.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin