Re: PATCH: More stdbool tweaking

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

> > I think I need a bucket ... :-)  You'll need to explictly include
> >> "config.h" as well.  Is it possible to fix bfd.h?  If this is
> >> hurting GDB it is going to hurt a lot more :-(
> > It is not possible to fix bfd.h until we purge bool from that header
> > entirely.  It's a gross namespace issue.  I'll look at that, but only
> > post-2.12.0 release.
>

> So I would strongly encourage fixing the problem before the
> branch/release.  If the problem is messing up GDB now is going to mess
> up a lot more tools once it is made official in a release.
>
> GDB's managed to survive changes far less mechanical than this one :-)

The use of bool is not a problem, since bfd.h doesn't use bool.  It
uses boolean, which nobody appears to be complaining about.

The only bfd.h issue is the definitions of true and false.  Daniel has
proposed a simple patch which works provided stdbool.h is included first.  I
already proposed a simple patch which should work in all cases:
    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-02/msg00068.html
However, I have not tested it.

Ian