Why does -g turn off filling the delat slot?

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:32:59AM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > There is an extra "nop" in the delay slot. I don't think gas is smart
> > enough to fill the delay slot. I will put back those ".set noredor".
>
> The solution is to move the move instruction in front of the branch
> instruction.  The assembler will then move it into the delay slot:

I found out why it didn't work for me. The problem is -g turns off
filling  the delay slot. The mips as has

    case 'g':
      if (arg == NULL)
        mips_debug = 2;
      else
        mips_debug = atoi (arg);
      /* When the MIPS assembler sees -g or -g2, it does not do
         optimizations which limit full symbolic debugging.  We take
         that to be equivalent to -O0.  */
      if (mips_debug == 2)
        mips_optimize = 1;
      break;

It doesn't matter of you pass -O to as or not. I'd like to override it
if -O is seen.

H.J.