Re: Bad ELF header when mixing MIPS II with MIPS I

> I agree with H.J. that the resulting executable should reflect the "largest"
> ISA of all the objects that make up the executable.  Seems sort of logical,
> really.

Ok. What I thought HJ was complaining was that he had two object files:

foo.o: Containing mipsI insns only
crt0.o: Containing some mipsII insns

Each one had the flags for the particular ISA set (mipsI or mipsII).

He then linked them together and was surprised when the superset
(mipsII) was given in the final executable...

Or was I mistaken in my reading?

-eric

--
I will not use abbrev.