Re: [RFA] Make objcopy handle core files.

Alan Modra wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 01:36:51PM -0800, Michael Snyder wrote:
> >
> >       * objcopy.c (copy_file): Accept corefiles (format bfd_core).
> >       (copy_object): Don't set the start address or flags of a core file.
> >       (copy_section): Don't relocate a core file.  Don't copy contents
> >       if the input section has the contents flag set, but the output
> >       section does not (which happens with the fake 'note' pseudo-
> >       sections that BFD creates for corefiles).
>
> OK.
>
> Alan

Committed.  Unfortunately, between submission and check-in, another
change was committed which breaks it (causes objcopy to segfault when
copying a corefile).  I've narrowed it down to this change:

2001-12-17  Alan Modra  <amodra@bigpond.net.au>

	Support for more than 64k ELF sections.

I'll make some effort to track it down, but maybe you
could look at it too?  The segfault happens far away from
any of my changes, so it's probably due to something random
that occurred a long time before the crash itself.

Too bad I didn't include a test with my submission.  ;-(
Perhaps I should do that now before anything else.