Re: testsuite: selective.exp for mips targets

 From looking at ld/testsuite/ld-selective/selective.exp further, I've
made the following analysis.

The tests in selective.exp test ld's selective linking. It sets the
following generic options, which shed light on
the tests:

set cflags "-w -O -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections"
set cxxflags "-fvtable-gc -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti"
set ldflags "--gc-sections -Bstatic"

I think the most interesting thing is the "--gc-sections" argument to
ldflags.
 From looking at the 6 tests run, It seems that it's testing a few
variations of the ld garbage-collection.
most of the mips*-* targets, however, are set to XFAIL.  Did mips*-*
binutils not support this feature when it was created?

I also noticed that the ToT test expects demangled C++ names and passes
nm the "--demangle" flag, so I guess the binutils tests could pass if I
supplied a working C++ cross-compiler to dejagnu.

So, I guess my only question is whether or not it is still valid to
XFAIL mips*-* targets for the tests?

thanks,

-jack