Re: binutils request related to translation

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:12:12PM +0200, Deniz Akkus Kanca wrote:

> To illustrate the problem:
> ld-2.11.pot line 156:
> #: emultempl/pe.em:294
> msgid "  --enable-auto-image-base           Automatically choose image base
> for DLLs\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> #: emultempl/pe.em:295
> msgid "                                       unless user specifies one\n"
> msgstr " "
>
> Would it be possible to edit the msgid strings in binutils to
> contain, as a minimum, a full sentence?

Yes, of course.  Were you offerring to do so, or requesting someone else
to fix the code?  The only minor difficulty I see is that binutils
generally should compile with a K&R compiler, so ANSI concatenation of
adjacent strings can't be used.  Also, multi-line strings are deprecated,
so you shouldn't write:

"some very long message
with a continuation on the next line"

Instead write