Re: undefined versioned symbol name (me too) <-- ld bug??

Hi,

I, too, get this error when I try to compile kdelibs.

I can work around this by removing duplicated -l<lib>s, but the
doc say that is allowed...

I've attached log of the rerun of make and a shellscript that does
the linking correctly

Is this a bug in ld, and should I submit it as such????

Johann

bryanh at giraffe-data dot com (Bryan Henderson):
>I stumbled across a weird behavior that I'm trying to figure out.
>If I knew anything about versioned symbols, it might make sense.
>
>I do
>
>  ld -shared /usr/lib/libc.so strdup.o
>
>strdup.o defines the symbol "strdup", which is obviously defined in
>libc.so as well.  libc.so is glibc 2.1.3.
>
>This produces the error message:
>
>  ld: a.out: undefined versioned symbol name strdup@@GLIBC_2.0
>
>Why?  What is it telling me?
>
>This is followed by the message
>
>  ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
>
>which kind of makes it sound like an internal failure.  But I'm not
>jumping to any conclusions, since I don't know how versioned symbols
>work at all.
>
>This is GNU ld 2.10.1.
>
>--
>Bryan Henderson                                    Phone
415-505-3367