Re: Possible ARM binutils/gcc errors...

>(I don't really understand why the GCC people don't build a soft-float and
>non-soft-float version of libgcc.a.

Send code, not words.

It hasn't been done so far for the same reason we don't multilib APCS-26 --
namely that it makes bootstrapping the compiler pretty tedious because you
have to have both kinds of runtime environment on hand.  Now, soft-float is a
rather more worthwhile thing to have multilibbed than APCS-26, so it might
merit having more effort spent on it, but nobody has yet stepped up to do so.

p.

PGP signature