Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
Subject: Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool
From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:06:39 -0400
<3B5CFA42.9050902@ece.gatech.edu> <3B5DE1C8.6090407@ece.gatech.edu>

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Danny Smith wrote:

>> Correction: The mingw binutils release since 2001-06-07 have not

>> contained the auto-import feature. They have however contained the
>> patch for stricter filtering of symbols with auto-export.

> Why was the auto-import stuff backed out of the mingw distribution?
> If
the answer is:

It was backed out because I didn't have the time or the expertise to
review and test them properly. I wanted it to be exposed to this type
of public discussion.  Also there was no documentation to point to when
questions arose. Since they were backed out there has been no feedback
from the mingw user list asking for re-inclusion.

Danny

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!