Re: Why run the windres test on Linux?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 01:08:14PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > Could you please tell me why you want to run the windres test on
> > Linux :-)? You have
> >
> > if {![istarget "i*86-*-*"]} {
> >     return
> > }
>
> The next test is "and if we built windres..."  That would normally
> exclude linux.
>
> However, Kylix uses windres for their linux tools, so windres *may* be
> built for a linux build (with --with-windres) and if so, we want to
> test it.

windres will be built with --enable-targets=all. But your windres
test won't run under Linux since it uses the header files which
aren't available under Linuxx. You can verify that by configuring
binutils with

# ..../configure --enable-targets=all
# make
# make check

under Linux. Could you please look into it?

Thanks.

H.J.