Re: windres bug.

DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I couldn't get it to build on a gcc system (linux). The decision not to
> > do so may have been correct (not to include package) at the time it was
> > made, but with Kylix being distro'd on X86 linux systems, we now need
> > the ability to create RES packages.  And, I hate the idea of having to
> > put together a windoze box just to do RES files.
>
> All you need to do is configure it as a cross compiler, not a native
> compiler.  .../configure --target=i686-pc-cygwin

???  Won't that generate code that is specific to a DOS executable
rather than ELF (un*x)?  I just hacked the configure and forced it
compile it as native, so I just assumed it was a decision to eliminate
it from the binary package generation if compiled under un*x?

Whatever, if it will work, okay, it just doesn't seem intuitive to cross
compile it.  I do a lot of cross-gcc code generation as an embedded
developer so the concept of cross compiling (in my mind) is to generate
non-native code (e.g. m68k-elf-gcc for uClinux).

Regards,

TomW