BFD internal error

While compiling my program that I'm trying to port I got this error:

----8<----
as: BFD interal error, aborting at coffgen.c line 902 in
coff_fix_symbol_name

as: Please report this bug.

Just before the abort() in coffgen.c it tries to seek in abfd and filepos
seems to be 2057306.
Might seem big, but the app uses alot of templates, static libs and other
neat stuff
that really make it huge.
I don't really have the knowledge of the binutils and why it does what, so
you'll have to
do it with this info. Make any questions for more info if you need...

John