Re: binutils-2.11 ld testsuite problems + PATCH

"H . J . Lu" wrote:

> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:28:54PM -0700, Matthew Schalit wrote:
> >
> > Well, anyway, I get the exact same errors with CVS binutils,
> > so I intend to follow your next suggestion and use the
> >          -Wl,-verbose
> > syntax to see what's going on in more detail.
> > In order to get you the information you seek, would
> > you please elaborate on where the best place is to put
> >          -Wl,-verbose
>
> Just add " -Wl,-verbose" to the gcc command, like
>
> # gcc -Wl,-verbose .....
>
> ld will print outs each file it tries to open. I need all output.
>
> H.J.

Thanks you for the help.

Did you recall that my configuration is being done
using the SCO native ld?  So I don't have a --verbose
option to /usr/ccs/bin/ld.

My thinking in building it native was that
binutils fundamental, so it's the second thing
I install on my fresh Uw7 platform, after
gnu-make.

Any comment on that?

Ok.  I restored my /usr/local/bin/ld.bak
so now I'm building CVS binutils using

gnu-make 3.79.1
ld-2.10.1
native everything else

$ cd ld
$ gpatch < binutils.config.host.uw7.patch
$ cd ..
$ CC="cc -Wl,-verbose" ./configure --enable-shared
$ gmake
$ gmake check-ld

Ok new results, because it's a gcc/binutils-2.10.1 build
this time around.   I have three files for you.

   bu.con.log    <  output from configure
   bu.make.log   <  output from gmake
   bu.check.log  <  output from gmake check-ld.

I've put all them up on my ftp site:

  ftp://63.194.213.179:710/pub/Random/

Check them out or ask me to post them.
Thanks,