Re: writing linker scripts...

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 09:40:36AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> > Nick,
> >
> >   The -no-check-sections was just the ticket.
> >
> >   Is there anyway to set that from inside the linker script, so that it's ALWAYS
> > asserted?
> >
> >   I know I could make gcc always pass -Wl,-no-check-sections to every compile, but
> > I want to catch people who think that they can do 'ld' commands directly too.
>
> I thought about this at the time I wrote my original reply, but I do
> not believe that there is a way (currently) to do this.

Why not? I have done that in the gcc specs file before. You can add

%{!rcheck-sections: -no-check-sections}

to LINK_SPEC. Then you can do

# gcc ...

it will pass -no-check-sections to ld. When you do

# gcc -rcheck-sections ...

-no-check-sections won't be passed to ld. BTW, `r' is one of the
safe letters you can use for this purpose.

H.J.