Re: writing linker scripts...

Nick,

  The -no-check-sections was just the ticket.

  Is there anyway to set that from inside the linker script, so that it's ALWAYS
asserted?

  I know I could make gcc always pass -Wl,-no-check-sections to every compile, but
I want to catch people who think that they can do 'ld' commands directly too.

At 10:16 PM -0400 4/25/01, Michael Meissner wrote:

>The d10v solves this by defining a 32-bit address space that the two 16-bit
>address spaces (text and data) are loaded into.  You might want to check it or
>other 16-bit ports.  The other thought is to use two MEMORY declarations that
>overlap.

	The two MEMORY declarations approach doesn't work.

	Nor did adding (w) vs (wx) attributes on the memory regions to
	try to disambiguate them....

		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/users/~qsmgmt
			apl@alum.mit.edu
			(978)287-0435 Voice
			(978)808-6836 Cell
			(978)287-0436 Fax

	Software Process Improvement and Management Consulting
	     Language Design and Compiler Implementation