writing linker scripts...

I'm upgrading from about a two year old version of binutils to a more recent vintage...

The linker now complains that my text and data sections overlap.....

This is actually NOT a problem, as the machine has a separate instruction and data memory.

Is there a reasonable way to make the linker happy?

I've looked thru the existing scripttempl/*.sc files, without seeing anything really obvious....

		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/users/~qsmgmt
			apl@alum.mit.edu
			(978)287-0435 Voice
			(978)808-6836 Cell
			(978)287-0436 Fax

	Software Process Improvement and Management Consulting
	     Language Design and Compiler Implementation