Data initialization

Hi,

I am trying to use the AVR version of binutils. However I can't
see how to make the linker script put the data initialization
somewhere. For instance I have a program with data, obviously that
data is meant to be stored in ram but I want to store the
initialization of it in eeprom (this works nicely since many AVR's
have the same amount of eeprom and ram). I know I can do this
using a linker script but I can't see how and can't find any
documentation about how to do it either.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hunt
<jhuntnz@users.sourceforge.net>