re: Overloaded cvs server

   It's because the machine really is overloaded.  If you wait for a bit
   and try again (I would recommend _not_ using -z9 because of the high
   load that places on the server) that should help.

yes, indeed.  in my experience, -z3 produces the best cpu/size overhead
radio.  it's very fast yet has nearly as much compression as -z9 (which
has not much win over -z5, the default.)  i know of cvs servers that
enforce a limit of `3' on compression.

.mrg.