Re: Are AIX 4.3.3, Binutils 2.10.1, and/or Glibc 2.2.2 compatible?

> From: fehrin@cys.de
> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:21:46 +0200
> Cc: binutils@sources.redhat.com
>

> > The CVS binutils should work just fine with AIX 4.3.3 now, including
> > ld.
> >
> > --
> > - Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>
>
> As of today, ld and gprof are still disabled for powerpc*-*-aix* in the
> latest CVS snapshot, as well as in the binutils-2.11 distribution.
> Is this intentional, i.e will ld not work on powerpc*-*-aix*?

I thought everything had been committed, but actually there are still
some things missing.  When I checked, these things were being held
until final acceptance by the customer, because there's still
bug-fixing going on.

> And now for something completely different:
> What means
> # We don't want -fPIC on AIX.

We don't.  It is not sensible to do so, all AIX code is PIC.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>