Re: SDAREL output sections

Geoff Keating wrote:

> > From: Momchil Velikov <velco@fadata.bg>
> > Date: 19 Feb 2001 01:14:30 +0200
>
> > Geoff> Because this would prevent people from overriding the test by folding,
> > Geoff> say, the .data section into .sdata.
> >
> > The test, as it stands now, prevents people (well, me) from folding the
> > .sdata section into .data.
>
> This is true, but why do you wish to do this?

For n + 1 reasons:
  a) the n reasons (yet unknown to me) for which the people would
     want to do the opposite (that's folding .data into .sdata) :-)
  b) the PMAC OpenFirmware 1.0.5 recognizes only .text, .data and .bss
     when loading a program. So my linker script looks like
       .data { *(.data) *(.sdata) }
       .bss  { *(.sbss) *(.bss) }

Regards,
-velco