Re: Your patch on 2001-01-26 is bad

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 01:52:18AM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 12:08:23AM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > By "work right", I mean you can compare "&function"
> > taken inside and outside of DSO.  That is one reason STV_PROTECTED is
> > treated almost exactly like STV_DEFAULT.
>
> Hmm.  There are special considerations necessary for ia64 wrt fptrs.
> Not everywhere though; I'll see if I can discriminate properly.
>
> There are no such special considerations for Alpha.

STV_PROTECTED should behave exactly the same as STV_DEFAULT except
that it is not preemptable by another definition.

Before you change it back, please get the current glibc from CVS and
build/check on both ia64 and alpaha. You should run the ELF visibility
test in ld/testsuite also. I have submitted patches to turn it on for
ia64. They should cover most of cases.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)